Wednesday 3 August 2016

WOMAN GANG-RAPED, TORTURED AND ABANDONED IN EBONYI STATE


 
            According to reports, a 45 year old woman was gang-raped, tortured and left for dead by gunmen in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.

The victim informed the News agency of Nigeria (NAN) that about 5 armed men forcefully pulled her out of a tricycle she boarded and forced her into theirs after which they took off alongside 2 other motorcycle. In her words, "they took me to a swampy bush behind the San Diego Hotel, Kpirikpiri, Abakaliki where they gang-raped, tortured and abandoned me, thinking I was dead. A good Samaritan came to my recue and informed the Police who took me to a hospital where I was placed on intensive medication."

She further stated that she believed the attack was planned by her estranged husband as he had previously threatened her. DSP George Okafor, the Public Relations Officer of the Ebonyi Police Command assured that the Ebonyi Police Command would get to the root of the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment